Spiritual March Madness!
Song of Victory: “MAN IN THE MIRROR” (click here for lyrics)
Theme Scripture: Acts 4:29, 31
An Inspiring Thought “He who preaches to others moves the heart of men; but he who prays moves the heart of God.”
Food for the Soul:
- When To Pray: Php 4:6 – 7
- How To Pray: Jas 4:1-3
- How Long To Pray: Luke 18:1- 8
- Biblical Prayers: John 17: 1 – 26; 1Kng 18:21- 3; Gen 18: 22 – 32; Lk 6:12; Gen 32: 24 – 28; Acts 1:14
Focus For Week Three: Prayer
Victory Sheet: Remember to set aside 15 minutes every day to follow up with those you invited in previous weeks who did not come out to Church. Pray about them.
Challenge For Week Three: Pray daily for everyone that you have met, by name. Be part of either a 24-hour prayer chain or an all-night prayer night arranged by the House Church Leader. Pray for fruit from this month’s campaign. Share your faith with at least 3 new people every day this week. Continue fundraising for “Run For Missions” Pray daily, this week, with gratitude, for the person that God has put in your life to mentor you spiritually. Pray daily for the “Run for Missions” on Saturday.
- Monday: Pray to meet someone with specific characteristics (e.g. a Mom pushing a baby in a stroller or a man wearing a green sweater) that you want to meet while sharing your faith. Share your faith until you meet them.
- Tuesday: Write down one ‘impossible’ prayer concerning someone that you have met since the beginning of the campaign.
- Wednesday: Write and keep a prayer list using either the ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication) pattern OR the pattern of the ‘Lord’s Prayer.’ Start planning how you are going to encourage your Discipling Partner.
- Thursday: Ask 3 disciples what you can pray about for them, add the requests to your prayer list and pray about them! Include your Discipling Partner in the three.
- Friday: Participate in either a 24-hr prayer chain or all-night prayer time. Pray especially for “ Run for Missions”
- Saturday: Pray specifically for those who have promised to come out to Church the tomorrow.
- Sunday:At Church on Sunday, make sure your focus is on the visitors, whether yours or someone else’s. Talk to them, make them feel welcome and find out if they want to study the Bible. Set up times to study or just hang out during the week. Remember to bring tokens of Appreciation for your discipler for today’s Discipler Appreciation Day
Song of Victory: “BAD” (click here for lyrics) (Boldly Advancing the Dream)
Theme Scripture: Acts 4:12-13
An Inspiring Thought: “If anyone ever dreamed of beating me, he’d wake up and at once apologize.” Muhammed Ali (Retired Boxing Heavy Weight Champion)
Food for the Soul:
- David: 1 Samuel 17 – 27
- Deborah: Judges 4 – 5
Focus For Week Two: Boldness in Evangelism!
Victory Sheet: Remember to continue adding to your Victory Sheet especially as you meet this week’s challenge.
Challenge For Week Two: Invite 100 people in a single week. Continue raising funds for “Run for Missions”. Be bold in reaching out! Be bold in asking for money!
- Monday: List five (5) victories that God has granted for you
- Tuesday: Write a psalm to God outlining one or more of the victories that God has brought you in your life. Use 2Sam 7:18-28 &/or Jdg 5:1-31 as a guide.
- Wednesday: No fear! Identify a particular type of person who intimidates you when it comes to sharing your faith. Find a person like that and include him or her in the people you reach out to today!
- Thursday: Examine your personal life and identify a fear / goliath that has been stopping you from growing in a particular area. Write a detailed plan to overcome this stumbling block either during this campaign and/or after the campaign is over.
- Friday: Look for someone from your past contact list (preferably someone who has studied the Bible in the past), ask God to give you boldness and call them up. Challenge them to come out to Church and to continue studying the Bible.
- Saturday: Take a 30 minute slot during the day to pray (alone or with others) for Boldness in meeting new people. Pray specifically for the people that you have already met this week. Follow up with visitors for Church tomorrow.
- Sunday: At Church on Sunday, make sure your focus is on the visitors, whether yours or someone else’s. Talk to them, make them feel welcome and find out if they want to study the Bible. Set up times to study or just hang out during the week.
Song of Victory: “HEAL THE WORLD” (click here for lyrics)
Theme Scripture: Acts 6:2-4
An Inspiring Thought: “No-one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
Food for the Soul: For your Quiet Times this week, look up different scriptures on the following topics:
- Greatness in the Kingdom
Write the convictions you learn in each area from the scriptures you found. Share what you are learning this week with others in the House Church with daily texts of encouragement.
Focus For Week One: Service
Start a Victory Sheet: – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD – a contact sheet for all the people we reach out to for the duration of the entire campaign. The list to include their name, contact info, short description of where & when met and also some indication of their level of interest (e.g. wants to come to Church, BT, wants to study, wants to build a friendship etc.)
Run For Missions Sponsorship: Take your Run for Missions Sponsorship sheet with you as you share your faith this week to raise money for Missions. Emphasize MERCY worldwide
Challenge For Week One: Consider how you can serve others both in the Church and outside, this week. Attend the MERCY Blood Drive on March 8 and while sharing your faith this week, remember to raise funds for the “Run For Missions” on March 22nd.
- Monday: Pray for the success of the campaign. Find out the needs of a disciple in another Ministry and plan to serve them this week. Share your faith with at least 3 new people today. Fundraise, emphasizing that MERCY worldwide is a huge part of our plans to plant churches worldwide. Through MERCY worldwide, we will be able to meet the needs of many throughout the world especially South Africa with the anticipated planting of the Johannesburg Church in 2015!
- Tuesday: Pray that through the efforts of MERCY worldwide, souls will be brought into the Kingdom worldwide but especially in New York and South Africa in the future. Share your faith with at least 3 new people today. Fundraise as you share your faith.
- Wednesday: Think of a special project that you would like to see MERCY worldwide participate in. Collect information from relevant sources if you think this is something you would like to present to the MERCY representatives. Share your faith with at least 3 new people today. Fundraise as you share your faith.
- Thursday: Find out a need of a disciple within your own Ministry and figure out how you can serve them. Share your faith with at least 3 new people today. Fundraise as you share your faith.
- Friday: Make today your day of service to at least one of the disciples you decided to serve if possible. Share your faith with at least 3 new people today.
- Saturday: Give blood today as part of the MERCYworldwide Blood Drive. Location: American Red Cross, 5250 W 49th St. NY 10019. 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. Try to share your faith in the area before giving blood (and after if able) with at least 3 new people. Fundraise as you share your faith.
- Sunday: At Church on Sunday, make sure your focus is on the visitors, whether yours or someone else’s. Talk to them, make them feel welcome and find out if they want to study the Bible. If possible have lunch with a visitor or study today.
Song of Victory: “BLACK OR WHITE“ (click here for lyrics)
Theme Scripture: Acts 20:20
An Inspiring Thought “The colors of our skins are varied, but what of the color of our heart?” Anonymous
Food for the Soul:
- Ambassadors to the Jews and the Gentile: Galatians 2
- Peter: Acts 2:1-41 & Acts 10:1-43
- Paul: Acts 21:39 through 22:22, Acts 22:30 through 23:11, Acts 24:1-25, Acts 25:1-11, Acts 26:1-20
Focus For Week Four: Missions – All Nations
Victory Sheet: Remember to set aside 15 minutes every day to follow-up with those you invited in previous weeks who did not come out to Church.
Challenge For Week Four: Reaching out to all nations. Have at least two visitors, per disciple, out to Church with you on Sunday for the Bring Your Neighbor Day. Share your faith with people from at least 3 different ethnic groups (e.g. Black, White, Asian). Share your faith with 3-5 new people a day. Continue your Victory sheet.
- Monday: Read an article (newspaper, internet, magazine) and learn something about another culture other than your own.
- Tuesday: Make a list of racial fears and prejudices you have, any ways that certain people because of status, education etc. intimidate you.
- Wednesday: No fear! Find scriptures that contradict your prejudices and go share with people just like the ones you described in your list from yesterday.
- Thursday: Continue looking for at least 3 people of different ethnic background than you with whom to share your faith.
- Friday: Door-knock in your community and invite everyone to Church, regardless of ethnicity.
- Saturday: Play the “Race-Card”: Write a card to another disciple of another race / culture and give them the card on Sunday
- Sunday: This will be our Bring Your Neighbor Day for our month of Victory. Make sure your focus is on the visitors, whether yours or someone else’s. Talk to them, make them feel welcome and find out if they want to study the Bible. Set up times to study or just hang out during the week. Move their hearts along! Also be ready to show your love and appreciation to Jake and Megan Studer as we prepare to send them off to do God’s will in another nation – Canada (Toronto).